What’s Better: Sono Bello or CoolSculpting?
There are several cosmetic procedures available in the market for body fat reduction. Among the more popular options pitted against each other are Sono Bello vs CoolSculpting. Sono Bello is a form of laser liposuction, while CoolSculpting is a type of cryolipolysis – a procedure that destroys stubborn fat cells by freezing.
So is Sono Bello or CoolSculpting better for fat loss? Many patients prefer CoolSculpting over Sono Bello as it is an easy, noninvasive, and painless way of removing excess visible fat. In this article, we discuss each treatment, its pros and cons, and recommend which is the optimal procedure for reducing unwanted fat around the body.
Understanding Sono Bello: Laser Liposuction
Sono Bello is a micro laser liposuction procedure where a plastic surgeon manually removes fat through incisions in your target area, then uses a laser to melt the adipose tissue (fat) under the skin.
It is also called laser lipolysis, and bears the same risks as traditional liposuction but on a smaller scale. By utilizing a micro laser, both small and large volumes of adipose tissue can be easily extracted, while the skin in the area may even be tightened by the laser.
This procedure should be avoided if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and if you have:
- A pacemaker or defibrillator
- Blood clots
- Heart diseases and conditions
- Insulin-dependent diabetes
- Liver disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- A vascular condition
Understanding CoolSculpting: Cryolipolysis
CoolSculpting is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment for fat reduction. It is based on the science of cryolipolysis, which uses cold temperatures to target and freeze fat cells. After destroying the excess adipose tissues with cold temperature ranging from -11 to +5 degrees Celsius, excess fat is metabolized by the lymphatic system and flushed out of the body as waste after several weeks.
This procedure is not considered a weight loss treatment because it doesn’t alter your body composition. The best candidates for CoolSculpting are patients who have pinchable fat rolls and want to trim visible excess fat. Doctors would also recommend against this procedure if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Patients with the following health conditions are also ineligible for CoolSculpting:
- a clotting disorder
- cold urticaria
- a neuropathic condition (diabetic neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia)
- a pacemaker or defibrillator
- paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria
- Raynaud’s disease
- skin conditions like rashes, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, etc.
Sono Bello vs CoolSculpting
The major difference in deciding between Sono Bello vs CoolSculpting is that Sono Bello is a surgical procedure, while CoolSculpting is noninvasive. Other differences include:
|Micro laser liposuction||Freezing fat cells|
|Surgical procedure||Noninvasive treatment|
|2-4 weeks recovery needed||No recovery time needed|
Sono Bello patients will remain awake during treatment and will receive local anesthesia in the treatment area. They will also receive medication to relax and sedate them while the plastic surgeon makes incisions on their body.
The plastic surgeon will liposuction away most of the unwanted fat, then utilize the micro laser for contouring and finishing on the remaining adipose tissues. The process takes around an hour to finish per area. As this is still a surgical liposuction procedure, a Sono Bello patient may expect a recovery period of 2 – 4 weeks.
As for CoolSculpting, a gel pad will be placed on the surface of the patient’s skin to protect it from the cold. A cosmetic surgeon will apply the cold temperature through an applicator, which also suctions the fat cells upwards to the surface of the skin. It will take a cosmetic surgeon around 35-60 minutes to finish a cooling session.
Since CoolSculpting is noninvasive, no incisions are made on the skin. Neither local nor general anesthesia is injected as well. This means that patients can resume daily activities immediately after the procedure, and no recovery time is needed.
Sono Bello vs CoolSculpting: Which Is The Better Treatment?
Aside from understanding the differences between both procedures, it is also worth comparing other factors such as the procedure’s effectiveness, price, and convenience, since these may help you determine which treatment is right for you.
Effectivity: CoolSculpting vs Sono Bello
- Neither Sono Bello or CoolSculpting are weight loss treatments. Neither treatment modalities are designed to remove excessive fat, such as in cases of obesity.
- Both are considered effective fat reduction solutions for bulges along the patient’s back, upper arms, abdomen, thighs, and buttocks.
- Permanent results can be achieved through both treatments, as long as a patient maintains a healthy weight, diet and lifestyle.
- Sono Bello: Laser liposuction results are immediately visible after the operation.
- CoolSculpting: Results will only be noticeable after several months, as the body needs to flush out the dead fat cells.
Price: CoolSculpting vs Sono Bello
- The price for either cosmetic procedure differs based on the plastic surgeon’s expertise, geographic location, and treatment modality.
- The price will also depend on the size, location, and number of treatment areas.
- Sono Bello: The average cost of the procedure ranges from $2500 – $4500. Additional costs may be incurred through surgeon’s fees, operating room fees, anesthesia, and other medications. You may need six sessions for the face and neck, and eight to ten sessions for the body.
- CoolSculpting: The average cost of the procedure ranges from $2000 – $4000 per session. Most cosmetic surgeons agree that at least 2 sessions are needed in a treatment area for maximum results. Other surgeons would prefer to consult with a patient after the initial results appear in 3-4 months to determine if additional sessions are needed.
Convenience: CoolSculpting vs Sono Bello
- Sono Bello: For Sono Bello patients, they would need to take time from work as they will experience soreness for about a week. Side effects from liposuction are usually more pronounced and long lasting, such as swelling, bruising, and scarring at incision sites.
- CoolSculpting: As mentioned above, no downtime or recovery is needed after a CoolSculpting session. Patients are free to proceed with their day after the operation without restrictions. CoolSculpting patients would experience milder side effects such as redness, swelling, and numbness.
- Sono Bello: Patients who undergo Sono Bello will also be required to wear a compression garment for two to four weeks, and limit their exercise for at least two weeks.
Overall, if you have a larger volume of body fat, Sono Bello may be a good choice as it can remove more adipose tissues. But keep in mind that as a liposuction variant, Sono Bello has the same risks associated with traditional liposuction.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a noninvasive and easy way to trim the bulges of stubborn fat that won’t disappear with diet and exercise, then CoolSculpting would be the better option for you. This procedure has lower risks and has a fat removal rating of up to 80%.
Reduce Unwanted Body Fat Today
If you’re interested in a safe and effective way to get rid of unwanted body fat, look no further than NJ’s five star CoolSculpting clinic. As the leading center for CoolSculpting in New Jersey, our board-trained cosmetic surgeons have performed over 5,000 body contouring treatments.
We will consult with you about the procedure and how to best address your target areas, so you’ll leave our high-end clinic satisfied with the results. Schedule an appointment with the NJ Center of CoolSculpting, and get $1000 off your first CoolSculpting session.
Read more: Do Ice Packs Reduce Belly Fat?